• [+] ARGONAUT MIXED USE

    LOCATION: DETROIT

    YEAR: 2006, UNBUILT

     

    Hamilton Anderson Associates (HAA) was retained to renovate the former design and facilities hub of the General Motors headquarters. Built in 1928 and 1936 by Albert Kahn Associates, the Argonaut project includes over 1 million square feet of redevelopment, with nearly 250 residential lofts, 130,000sf of office space and 8,000sf of ground level retail. HAA led this significant reinvestment in the heart of the city with comprehensive services that ranged from programming and conceptual design to schematic design and construction documents. Hamilton Anderson worked hand-in-hand with the developer to create an architectural concept that would reestablish the building as a paragon of architecture within Detroit, combining its inherent venerability with modern design. Both the interior common spaces and residential loft units evoke the rigorous design tenets associated with the Argonaut’s early and mid-twentieth century reign.  HAA looked to integrate this clean, austere and well-crafted approach with contemporary materials and components. The Argonaut is on the National Register of Historic Buildings.

Hamilton Anderson Associates | 1435 Randolph No. 200, Detroit, MI 48226 | p 313 964 0270 | f 313 964 0170 | ©Hamilton Anderson Associates 2015