• [+] HOLY CROSS

    LOCATION: DETROIT

     

    St. John Health System's Holy Cross Hospital is a critical primary care center for emergency, inpatient and ambulatory services on Detroit’s east side.   Due to growth, the small urban campus must provide parking, security and circulation for increasing numbers of patients and staff.   Project plans improve security and provide separate parking areas for emergency personnel, visitors and doctors.

     

    A new entrance from Van Dyke Road and existing entrances on Outer Drive and Conner Avenue, connect to the campus’s perimeter road providing easy, logical circulation through the site.  New ambulance and emergency care entrances were designed for easy, intuitive access.

     

    The visitor entrance was redesigned for better visibility and circulation.  Walks, landscaping, lighting and seating make the area inviting and attractive.  A courtyard plaza was developed on the site of an existing parking lot.  This enclosed, contemplative space is accessible from the main lobby and is also visible from many patient rooms. The design includes statuary, paving, seating and a lush landscape which provide staff, patients and visitors a quiet respite from hospital stresses.

     

     

     

     

Hamilton Anderson Associates | 1435 Randolph No. 200, Detroit, MI 48226 | p 313 964 0270 | f 313 964 0170 | ©Hamilton Anderson Associates 2015